Working within the Contract Electronics Manufacturing Industry, The Supply Chain Manager is part of the Senior Management Team and is directly responsible for the management of the Purchasing and Stores/Logistics Teams.
There will be direct responsibility and accountability for an operations budget and delivering agreed annualised cost savings within the supply chain.
The Supply Chain Manager will have responsibility for delivering improvements in productivity, quality, processes and systems through new initiatives and best practices across the supply chain and the Business.
This position is based on a 4-day working week, Mon-Thurs (39 hours per week)
Main responsibilities include:
- Negotiating terms and prices with suppliers and service providers, monitoring and assessing their performance and maintaining cost-effective practices.
- Flow-down of Company and Customer requirements throughout the supply chain as required.
- Work closely with the Quality manager ensuring the quality of the supply chain including returns.
- Manage the supply chain audit schedule including on-site/remote assessments.
- Contract reviews to ensure quality requirements are identified and met.
- Manage staff development and HR within the area of responsibility including but not limited to, staff appraisals, multi-skilling, performance.