We take our commitment to environmental best practice very seriously. At ETL, we recycle all appropriate materials and make energy efficiency a priority throughout all our processes. Steps such as intelligent equipment utilisation planning and scheduling reduce energy wastage. We also use no clean, low residue fluxes and solder pastes wherever possible.
Our environmental policy forms an integral part of our business philosophy. Here is the Environmental Policy Statement to which we adhere at all times. This policy is not in any way restricted and is available to anyone requesting a copy, including members of the public.
Electronic Technicians Ltd (ETL) is a contract electronics manufacturer offering a comprehensive range of high-level electronic assembly services.
ETL recognises the environmental impact of its activities and is committed to ensuring procedures are followed to prevent and minimise harm to the environment.
ETL will maintain an Environmental Management System (EMS), as part of its business management systems, in accordance with the requirements of ISO14001. Consideration of environmental issues will be taken into account when producing our company’s aims and objectives.
- Ensure all applicable legislation, codes of practice and all other requirements are complied with, and will strive to exceed minimum requirements wherever possible.
- Establish realistic targets to achieve continual improvement and a reduction in environmental impact at all stages of our operations.
- Take measures to prevent pollution and accidental spillage. All employees will report promptly any incident which could adversely affect the environment.
- Ensure openness of our environmental activities with all stakeholders including employees, customers, suppliers and regulators.
- Involve employees in our environmental programme and provide training when necessary.
- Minimise waste throughout the company by waste reduction, reuse or recycling, with a commitment to only sending waste to landfill as a last resort and ensuring safe disposal when no viable alternative is available.
- Work with our suppliers and customers to reduce raw material usage.
- Minimise energy usage, including fuel usage.
- Consider the environmental aspects and policies of our supply chain partners and sub-contractors.
- Ensure we uphold a high standard of visual appearance to provide a pleasant working environment and satisfy neighbours and stakeholders.
- Liaise with the local community and participate in discussions about environmental issues.
- Conduct regular management reviews of our environmental performance.
The senior management team will review this policy annually to ensure compliance and that it continues to reflect the aims and objectives of the company.